How many folks have made a mistake these last couple weeks? 🙋♀️I know I’ve made a few.
We’re all doing a tremendous amount of learning right now. Mistakes are okay. It’s really how we handle our mistakes when they happen that’s the important part.
What can you do to move on if you’ve made a mistake?
- Acknowledge it. With yourself, with your boss, with your team. It’s not as scary once you recognize it.
- Apologize. If the mistake has affected others, let them know.
- Be compassionate. With yourself, or anyone else who might have made a mistake. We are under immense amounts of stress; kindness is key in times like these.
- Fix it. What can you do to make it right? Put a plan in place and get to it. Make sure you communicate how you’re fixing it.
- Ask for help. We can get through it together.
- Learn from it. Making mistakes is the best way to grow. What can you do differently next time?