Life is pretty overwhelming right now. We have to be ready at a moment’s notice to respond and adapt to a constantly changing situation. And we have to be able to do it in a way that motivates our audience to take positive actions (and not negative ones, like hoarding toilet paper).
If you’re struggling with all the moving parts, remember that it’s okay to feel overwhelmed. It’s okay to feel sad, frustrated, scared, stressed, alone, and uncertain. We’re all there right now.
Here’s a checklist to help you make it through:
- Relax your shoulders, un-clench your jaw.
- Close your eyes. Take three deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- Take a break if you need to.
- Go for a walk. Get in the fresh air if you can.
- Reconnect with why what you’re doing is important.
- Ask for help. We’re all in this together.
- Break your tasks down into smaller pieces.
And remember…. you’ve got this!